BioPATH Clinical Diagnostics Inc. (“BioPATH”) respects your right to privacy. Whenever you transact with BIOPATH, you may share Personal Data to BIOPATH, including Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information. As such, BIOPATH ensures that the extent of Personal Data collected is reasonably necessary and directly connected for the purpose for which we collect and/or process your Personal Data.
To ensure that your right to privacy is protected in the course of our dealings, BIOPATH is committed to comply with the Data Privacy Act of the Philippines, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other relevant government issuances. This Privacy Notice outlines BIOPATH’s data privacy policies. Thus, we strongly recommend that you read this Notice and familiarize yourself with BIOPATH’s process in collecting, processing, and protecting the Personal Data you share with us.
By providing us your Personal Data, through the various channels and dealings with BIOPATH (e.g. Website, Applications, Business Transactions), you are deemed to have given your permission for BIOPATH to collect, use, and process your Personal Data for Legitimate Purposes, and have accepted the policies and practices described in this Privacy Notice.
If you do not allow the collection, use, and processing of your Personal Data, kindly refrain from using our website, and/or contact us for any privacy-related concerns.
We may modify this Privacy Notice at any time. To update yourself of any change in the processing of your Personal Data, please regularly review this Privacy Notice.
LEGITIMATE PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
BIOPATH collects only the Personal Data needed to effectively pursue its business operations and carry out our transactions with you. BIOPATH may process the Personal Data you knowingly and willingly provide in order to provide you with the service you requested and/or pursue your transactions with BIOPATH. Thus, BIOPATH may collect, use, and process your Personal Data for the following general purposes:
- For the conduct of due diligence prior to executing a contract, and for the implementation of the terms of the contract;
- To respond to your queries, complaints, and requests;
- For marketing activities including but not limited to product alerts, and promotional messages;
- For the collection of cookies to provide you with customized communications and user experience;
- To provide information about BIOPATH’s products and/or services;
- To conduct market research and analysis and improve customer experience;
- To maintain security; and
- To comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and/or obligations.
- The use and processing of your Personal Data also depends on your transaction(s) with BIOPATH.
If you inquire about, or avail yourself of BIOPATH’s products/services, we may collect, use or process your Personal Data to:
- Conduct appropriate credit investigation to assess the risk of transacting with you;
- Prepare and execute the necessary contract to cover the transactions;
- Update our records and keep your contact details and billing address up-to-date; and
- Communicate any advisories, changes, and other information relevant to your contract with us.
If you are a vendor/supplier, a potential vendor/supplier, or a contractor, we may collect, use, or process your Personal Data to:
- Conduct the appropriate due diligence checks;
- Evaluate your proposal, including your technical, financial, and/or operational capacity;
- Assess the feasibility of your proposal and process your vendor/supplier details within BIOPATH’s system;
- Communicate any decision on such proposal;
- Perform any other act necessary for the proper implementation of the terms and conditions of our contract.
- Maintain and update your records with BIOPATH;
- Administer your stock transactions; and
- Comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements or obligations.
If you are a visitor of BIOPATH’s administrative office, testing facility, and/or satellite offices we may collect, use, or process your Personal Data to:
- Grant access to our premises; and
- Maintain security within BIOPATH’s premises.
EXTENT OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
The Personal Data collected by BIOPATH may include any of the following, among others:
- Your full name;
- Your email and/or mobile number;
- Your other contact details;
- Your job title;
- Your employer’s name;
- Your residential/office address;
- Your IP address (in case of website visits); and/or
- Any information relevant to the feedback you have provided or the request or transaction you have made.
Other transactions which may have a significant impact on BIOPATH’s business, may require the processing of your other Personal Data, such as but not limited to the following:
- Financial details such as credit history, bank account, credit card, and debit card information;
- Sensitive personal information, such as age, nationality, marital status, gender, health, education, and government-issued identification documents; and
- Employment history.
When you access BIOPATH’s website and/or communicate/interact with us, BIOPATH may collect your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data:
Personal Data sent to us by your web browser
Your web browser automatically sends us Personal Data, which may include your IP address and location, or Non-Personal Data, which may include the pages you access, the operating system you use, and the name and version of your web browser, among others. These are collected to improve your browsing experience. You may want to check your web browser to know more about the Personal Data shared to us by your web browser, and modify your Privacy Settings and other web browser settings, as you see fit.
Personal Data collected by placing a cookie on your computer
We may also obtain information about you by placing a cookie on your computer. This is typically done to ease navigation through our website. Cookies that may be used are of two kinds – session cookie and persistent cookie. A session cookie is used to place on your computer a computer-generated unique identifier whenever you access our website. It does not identify you personally and expires as soon as you close your web browser. A persistent cookie does not expire when you close your browser, and stays on your computer, unless you delete it.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may modify your web browser settings to turn them off or delete them from your computer. If you reject cookies, however, our website may not function properly.
Personal Data you knowingly provide
We may also process the Personal Data you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you contact us. The Personal Data you provide will then be used to provide the service you requested. For instance, when you e-mail us a query, necessarily, we will collect your name and e-mail address to respond to you. If you wish to supply to us your products and/or services, we may ask proof of your financial capacity and other relevant Personal Data. If you wish to receive new product alerts, we will collect your name and e-mail address to include you in our mailing list. If you wish to apply to our job openings, we will collect your contact information and resume to process your application.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data is controlled by BIOPATH, a company registered under Philippine laws, whose principal office is at Medical Plaza Makati Building, Amorsolo Street, Makati City. Your Personal Data may be stored in this office, or any of our testing laboratories, depending on where your transaction with BIOPATH originated from or will be implemented.
BIOPATH will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer or shorter period is necessary under the circumstances, and in so far as allowed by law.
DISCLOSURE TO PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSORS
BIOPATH will not disclose your Personal Data to third party information processors without your consent. It may, however, share your Personal Data to Authorized Personnel within the different business units/departments of BIOPATH. In such cases, your Personal Data will be used in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected and to which you consented, and the Data Privacy Act, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and all relevant regulations and issuances on privacy and data protection.
We may also share your Personal Data with third parties who perform services for BIOPATH. Under such circumstances, we require the service providers to limit the use of the shared Personal Data in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected and to which you consented, and the Data Privacy Act, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and all relevant regulations and issuances on privacy and data protection. Our service providers will not process your Personal Data for any other purposes than what we have agreed with them.
We may also share your Personal Data to unrelated third parties, upon your request. When we are legally required to do so, or when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property, or safety, and those of other individuals. Nevertheless, we will take all the necessary steps to protect your Personal Data.
Data Protection Officer
BioPATH Clinical Diagnostics Inc.
Medical Plaza Makati Building, Amorsolo Street
Makati City, Philippines